Hacking Bangkok Blog

Tech and Living in Thailand's City of Angels

The Hacking Bangkok blog covers I.T. and technology in general, and my experiences working and living in the Kingdom of Thailand. Bangkok has a very long Thai name, which starts with Krung thep - City of Angels.
Bangkok sunset from my bedroom balcony

Saturday, August 30, 2008

End of Bar Camp Bangkok, Day 1

I have been to my last presentation for today, and walked to the Starbucks in Siam Square where I'm sitting in blessed cool air-conditioning, drinking iced-tead and tapping this out on my Touch Diamond. This time, I'm using OneNote Mobile to compose.

The photo I snapped, in case it wasn't like, totally obvious, is a group of some younger Thai geeks. They had managed to hook a Wii game controller up to a laptop, via a bluetooth adapter, and were using it to play PC games. Most of the crowd was in the 20 - 35 age range, though. Day 2 is tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'm going yet or not. Today was a loonng day!

Some suggestions for anyone using the Bar Camp style of user-created presentations:
- Leave some "gap time" between presentations for people to shuffle & network a bit.
- Take advantage of all the brains you've got handy to leverage some tech in scheduling. Paper & markers are old school, which I can dig, but it was tough to keep track of what was wgere, what was cancelled, etc.

Still, it was a great info and idea exchange, and many kudos to the organizers!

0 comments: