Hacking Bangkok Blog

Tech and Living in Thailand's City of Angels

The Hacking Bangkok blog covers I.T. and technology in general, and my experiences working and living in the Kingdom of Thailand. Bangkok has a very long Thai name, which starts with Krung thep - City of Angels.
Bangkok sunset from my bedroom balcony

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Apple's iPad Already For Sale at MBK


This is a quick post - from my Nexus One phone - to post a photo I took today at MBK ("Ma Bun Krong") mall. The tablet - the usefulness of which I am still in some doubt - will set back Jobs' true believers in the kingdom about 34,000 baht. That's double what it costs back in the U.S. ($500 for the WiFi-only model). If you can wait, though, the price is sure to come down.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Do you know the price of an iPad in Bangkok now?

What are the downsides of buying an iPad here and not in a place where it has been launched by Apple?

Thanks for your time.

Fredrik